Why Do Weekends Go By So Quickly?

Song: “Get Over You” by The Undertones

Mood: 6

Nightmares: 3? (Friday), 0 (Saturday)

Sorry I didn’t get this posted last night – I was quite tired and was having trouble putting sentences together.

The weekend went by very quickly. I didn’t sleep particularly well either Friday or Saturday night, but Friday night was a little rougher because of the nightmares. I feel like I’m quite far behind when it comes to sleep, but I’m not sure how to fix the problem. I tried to take a nap on Saturday afternoon but I never quite got to sleep – I’d drift, lower and lower, and then it felt like something in my brain bumped something else and I’d be wide awake again. Then I’d drift off again, repeating the cycle for the entire time. I think the medications I take in the morning make it more difficult for me to sleep in the afternoon.

J and I both got some stuff done around the house. J worked like a fiend – she did the lawn, the garden, looked through the basement and garage for old stuff to take to the HAZMAT depot, and then took it. I cleaned up the kitchen and did some laundry.

Speaking of taking the old paint and chemicals to the HAZMAT depot, J loaded it all into the truck to haul it. Unfortunately, when she went to unlock the truck with the key fob, it wouldn’t unlock. Bad sign. She opened it with the key and then tried to start it with the key and got nothing – not even a click. I put the charger on it and found that the battery was completely dead. Other than being moved into the garage back on March 22nd, the truck hadn’t been moved since mid-December. Back in March, however, it started right up with no problem at all, so I’m a little confused as to why the battery is as dead as it is (it is really really dead). I tried to charge it yesterday afternoon but it wouldn’t take a charge. I’m going to try today with a higher current and see if it can desulfate the plates but I think the battery may be permanently damaged. I think that from now on, if the truck is going to be sitting for a while, I’m going to put a battery tender on it.

My exercises didn’t go well on Saturday, but I had some luck yesterday. Still not where I want to be, but I’m happy with any improvement. I know I’ve said this many times before, but if I don’t get time to work them in or they don’t go well, it affects my entire day.

J and I watched Erin Brockovich Saturday evening. I had either never seen it before, or it had been so long ago that I didn’t remember seeing it, but it was pretty good.

I texted with a couple of people over the weekend. I don’t normally send out my silly texts over the weekend (everybody deserves a couple of days’ break from me) but I got a couple of texts and one in particular from a friend whose going through a really rough patch right now. She told me she looks forward to my texts because they help her forget about what’s going on for a minute or two. That was nice of her to say.

I’ve worked on the homework Dr P gave me. I haven’t made a huge amount of progress – I feel uncomfortable with saying good things about myself – but I think I’ll have something ready for my appointment on Thursday afternoon.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do this week. I have appointments on Wednesday and Thursday, but aside from that I don’t have a busy week. I would like to spend some more time with the microscope – I have a couple of ideas for things to look at with those new filters. I also need to see if I can get the battery in the truck to hold a charge. If not, it’ll need to be replaced (again).

Oh, and I made ham fried rice last night for supper. The ham was tasty.

Stay safe.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation