Still Pleased

Song: “Tubthumping” by Chumbawumba

Mood: 7

Nightmares: 0

Ghosts: Horde

Okay, so I’m still pleased about how the driving thing went. I called my folks a while after I got home and dried up and Mom actually made a little squealing noise when I told her. I’ve never heard her make that sound before. J is happy, too, and we had a good chat about everything once she got home.

As for the rest of the day, it wasn’t too bad. I slept a little worse last night and had to get up twice to check in on the gate but I only woke J up once (sorry about that) and everything with the gate and yard and garage was fine. The lawn company didn’t show up again today so I have now locked the gate so that’s one less thing on my mind.

My appointment with Dr H was exhausting. I found it very difficult to concentrate on what we were talking about because I was not only worried about all the regular stuff but the truck, too. Was it locked? Was I parked badly? Was there a bloody patch of hair on one of the bumpers? Did I close the windows? I took some pictures of the windows and locks but I couldn’t really stare at my phone during my appointment…

I got some good news. My lung test came back normal, which was great to hear. The x-ray they took of my lungs showed nothing weird going on with them, either. Then Dr H asked me if my back hurt. I told her it hurts all the time but that’s pretty normal for me, and she said that the x-ray showed that one of my vertebrae got mushed up at some point in the past. She asked me a bunch of questions and the best guess at this point is that it’s from a motorcycle accident I was in eight years ago. Just to be on the safe side, though, Dr H is sending me to get my bones checked out. I’m sure it will be fine, but I’ve had a lot of x-rays since 2011 and nobody has caught this until now, so who knows.

Dr H was also very pleased to hear that my quetiapine dose has been lowered. Weight gain and high blood sugar are some of the possible side effects, and while I am grateful that the medication is available and would be fine with bumping the dosage back up if needed, the lower amounts of the fewer things I’m taking, the better.

Everything else was pretty routine. All of my other tests came back fine, and aside from changing my blood pressure medication and my puffer around a bit, there weren’t any changes. Dr H surprised me by either having a perfect memory or that she read my chart before my appointment. She’s a fine doctor and I am fortunate to have lucked into having her as my GP. J and I were talking about that this evening and we were joking around a bit about how my experiences with my GPs have been over the years. I had one doctor who was a great doctor but also kind of a criminal (he’s now in prison). Then, I had a doctor who wasn’t a criminal but was pretty useless. Now, I have a GP who’s that perfect mix of great doctor AND not criminal that everyone hopes for.

It was quite a bit cooler today than yesterday but I found it quite pleasant so I had the windows open today to let the fresh air in. I went outside and watered the garden and to my surprise we have five little potato plants sticking up through the dirt, and the pepper plant already has a flower on it. I hope it’s not too early for the bees – I don’t want to have to put on my bee costume and rub my butt on the flowers in the yard. I told myself that last year was going to be the final time I put on that suit…

J and I watched another Blue Planet II, and once again I was impressed. The stupid mantis shrimp startled me but I think that’s actually a good thing. I know I said yesterday that sperm whales are my favourite thing in the ocean, but I also really like rays and skates and how they seem to fly through the ocean. Oh, and there was one part where there was a huge gathering of anchovies, so predators were showing up and eating them. It started with dolphins, then seals (yes, they’re predators too), the occasional seabird… and then WHOOOMPH – fish go flying through the air all over the place and these big Jesus humpback whales break through the surface with mouths wide open. Quite the spectacle!

Anyway… so that was pretty much my day. I also did some more electronics tinkering and made more progress along those lines, too.

I’m not sure what the weekend will bring. J and I don’t have any pressing stuff going on and it’s supposed to be nice out again, so who knows.

I hope you all have an enjoyable, restorative weekend!

Stay safe.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation