Starting Off Another Week

Song: N/A

Mood: 5

Nightmares: 0

I don’t feel like writing today but it usually helps me feel a little better about my day so here we go. I have a feeling that this post will probably be short.

I woke up worried quite a few times last night, and finally woke up for good at about 5:40AM. I heard J’s alarm when it sounded and listened to her as she shuffled around and got ready for the day. After she left I moved around a bit to get comfortable, then closed my eyes, slowed my breathing, and tried to get some more sleep. I had no luck so I sat up, put my feet on the floor and held my face in my hands. I sat there for quite a while, until I was finally able to summon the will and motivation to get up off the bed and get my day started.

I fed Lloyd and talked to him for a little while. I really need to add some more water to his tank, the poor guy. In fact, I should really give his tank a good cleaning.

Breakfast was cinnamon raisin bagels dipped in vanilla yogurt. Quick and tasty.

My walk was difficult today but the somewhat milder temperatures and breeze made it physically comfortable, at least. Almost halfway done I started to feel like I needed to go to home so I did. That’s one of the nice things about doing a big trail around the neighbourhood – I’m never too far from home. That’s also one of the bad things about doing a big trail around the neighbourhood – if I want to head home, I’m usually just minutes away so it’s pretty tempting.

Once I got home, I did my exercises. I had a lot of trouble focusing on what I was doing, but at least I wasn’t bothered by every car that drove by or every squeak, tick, and hiss that the house makes. Something to be said about that.

After that, I didn’t do very much. I sat on the couch for a while, stared at the picture hanging in the rec room, and tried to think through some of the stuff that’s been really bothering me lately to see if I could break it down into more manageable chunks. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a lot of luck with it and was just winding myself up into a tizzy. Fortunately, I stopped before things got too bad.

I went back upstairs, sent off my texts today, and chatted a bit with a couple of people. I don’t like doing this, but I sent a pretty generic “good morning” message with a little bit of customization. I’d much rather actually talk about something, but if I didn’t do the form letters this morning, the texts weren’t going to get done.

After I was done going through my text history, I sat down at my computer and puttered around with the articles I’ve been writing but quit after a short while because I wasn’t getting anywhere (like usual).

Mom called this afternoon and we talked for a couple of minutes. She was just getting ready to make some blueberry jam and thought she’d give me a call. It was good to hear from her.

I got a return text later this afternoon from a friend I used to work with. She was talking about WG and the good old days, which reminded me that despite considering him one of my best friends, I haven’t spoken to him in months. That ties into the ACT virtues I’ve been working on, the “loyalty” one in particular. It seems I’m not a particularly good friend.

I just sat around until J came home. We had supper (I actually made it today), talked for a while, and then she cut my hair. She has become quite proficient with the trimmer and it went quickly and well. After that, we cleaned up and then J went and did her stuff and I played some Star Trek.

Speaking of friends, I just got a text from my friend who I went on a motorcycle trip with. He lives on the other side of the country but we still keep in touch every once in a while. Turns out he is a proud new grandpa, and everybody is safe and healthy. That’s really great news!

Speaking of friends again, I just got a text from FA, it seems she is going to come over tomorrow afternoon. It will be good to see her again.

It is now time for me to go to bed.

Stay safe.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation