Song: “Play That Funky Music” by Wild Cherry

Mood: 7

Nightmares: 0

Ghosts: Lots

The weekend went pretty well. Nothing too exciting happened, except that we had to pick something new to watch (or old to go back to). J picked up a three-pack of movies, which included The Librarian: Quest for the Spear, The Librarian: Return to King Solomon’s Mines, and The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice. We started in on the first one and made it almost an hour in before we had to stop and go do something else – it’s… bad. Noah Wyle is trying to channel Nathan Fillion, the movie piles trope upon trope upon trope, and the effects are about as good as you’d expect for a low-budget made-for-TV-movie from 2004. We’re going to go back to it but we’ll probably watch it in metered doses.

Since we were on the theme of “bad”, I thought we could try the new Mystery Science Theater 3000 and see what it was like. I watched a few of the older episodes back in the 90s and thought it was awful (but that’s the point of MST3K). Sure enough, it’s been pretty (awesomely) bad so far, with the first movie in it being Mac & Me. J actually laughed at the show a few times, which I take to be a good sign.

Today was a decent day. It was lovely outside so I spent some time out in the yard and in the garage. Some of the chores on my list got checked off today, too – I cleaned out some drawers, did some tidying, printed some stuff up, did some writing, listened to some records, and puzzled over a broken chair to see if I could fix it (the jury’s still out on that one).

A little while ago, J thought it was about time we replaced the cushions on the dining room chairs. Personally, I didn’t see the problem – years of butts had flattened them to where sitting on them felt like falling onto an old church pew, and they were stained and discoloured… but isn’t that how most dining room chairs are? Anyway, we discussed it and decided to redo them. J did all the hard work: picking up fabric and foam and that $@*^% batting, taking the old covers off and removing most of the staples, cutting things to the right size, that sort of stuff. I just provided some muscle and a hammer stapler. We started out pretty slowly because neither of us knew what we were doing, but we figured it out.

Tonight we made the final push and finished up the last three chairs. So the reupholstering is done, it looks pretty good and is waaaay more comfortable. J picked some nice looking and sturdy fabric that should last a long time. Plus, all that stuff is now out of the living room and, with luck, I won’t have to cut (or be around) another piece of that cursed batting for a while. Stupid little floating filaments got everywhere.

This evening, we watched a bit more of that MST3K episode and hung out, chatting about all kinds of stuff.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr C. I don’t know what the weather is supposed to be, but if it’s like today I’ll be happy.

Stay safe.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation