Not Too Shabby

Today went quite well. I didn’t sleep all that great – I kept waking up for no reason at all – but in the morning I still felt okay. I got up with J and we had a chance to chat before she headed off to work. I had breakfast, did my exercises, and sat down for my “worry hour”. I’m getting better at that the more I practice. Maybe I’ll do a post on it sometime.

Then came the main event – my new computer is working great so I played Mass Effect: Andromeda on it for the first time. It’s been a great game so far and the new computer runs it very well. I spent about two hours doing that, then got up and tidied up the kitchen. I have some more tidying to do because on Friday, FA is coming over and we’re going to go on a caper. We usually spend a couple of hours talking before we go out so I want the house to look pretty good.

I’m really lucky to have a friend like FA. She told me a little while ago that she was thinking about things and realized that we have known each other longer than we have not known each other. She’s always been there for me and not once has she judged me. I don’t think there’s a mean bone in her body. We get along really well – she’s like a sister to me.

J drove me to my Dr W appointment today and while I was talking with Dr W, she went and bought some shrimp and a moss ball for the main aquarium. I think they’re going to fit in quite nicely – there’ll be lots of algae for them to eat and the shrimp in my little tank seem to really like their moss ball. Of course, they’re hiding right now but I’m sure they’ll get used to the tank quickly.

My appointment with Dr W went very well. My morning lorazepam dose has been cut by half, which should help me with the fogginess/tiredness I feel from when I wake up, without leaving me jittery. I’m looking forward to cutting back on medications even more – less medication means I’m getting better!

Tomorrow I have my Dr C appointment. While I was in the hospital, I did a lot of soul searching and came up with a whole list of questions that I’m having trouble answering. Dr W and the nurses at the hospital gave me some really good advice on quite a few of the questions, J and my parents helped me with a couple more of them, but I’m still having trouble with others. I’m hoping she can help point me in the right direction on a few more.

This evening J and I had supper, then I played more Mass Effect while she did some craft work. Then we both took a break from our respective hobbies and went to watch a couple of episodes of Community. We’re deep into the final season and I think I’m going to be sad when it’s over. We watched the entirety of Scrubs a few years ago and when it was over it almost felt like a part of the family had moved away. I guess that’s what makes the difference between good shows and great shows – how much you’ll miss them when they’re over.

I think I’ll have to give today an eight. No nightmares last night, no panic attacks today, and I had a pretty good time both by myself and with J.

Stay Safe!

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation