Not A Great Day

Song: “Making It Work” by Doug and the Slugs

Mood: 5.5

I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night. I’m not even sure why, I just didn’t fall asleep. I took my medication on time but it didn’t do a thing. I remember flipping over a lot and the last time I remember seeing on the clock was 2:06AM. I should’ve gotten up and done something boring to try and help but I didn’t. I’m not sure why.

I got up with J this morning and was really looking forward to getting together with WG to go to the record store. I was supposed to meet him at his house and he’d drive the rest of the way (the record store is downtown and well beyond my current driving abilities). Unfortunately, just as I was about to go out I realized my wallet wasn’t where it was supposed to be. I’d misplaced it and had no idea where it was.

After about 20 minutes of frantic searching, I called WG and apologized, saying I wouldn’t be able to make it. I felt terrible about it – I haven’t seen him in a long time and was really looking forward to getting together and catching up, and it was my fault that it didn’t work out. WG was okay with it and said we’ll just do it next week but I felt awful. I was also really worried about where my wallet was.

I got back to searching the house and couldn’t find it. After about an hour of searching I had a pretty big panic attack that I wasn’t able to do anything about. Had I dropped my wallet outside somewhere? Did someone have my cards and personal information? What was I going to tell the bank and the credit card company? Was J going to be mad? Was WG actually okay with things?

It took me about 45 minutes before I had my wits about me enough to continue the search. After about another two hours of looking, I found it – underneath and behind one of the couch cushions. I had checked the couches several times, but I hadn’t pulled the cushions all the way out until then. I was relieved and frustrated with myself at the same time.

I sat down for a bit and did some breathing exercises to calm myself down. Then I tried to take a nap but didn’t have any luck.

Just after J got home, the phone rang – it was WG calling to see if I’d found my wallet and to ask if I’d like to go to a couple of thrift stores in the area to check out their record selection tomorrow. That cheered me up quite a bit – I was relieved that he wasn’t mad at me for screwing up the day. I’m looking forward to getting together with him, and I know EXACTLY where my wallet is.

J made supper this evening and it was really good – farmer sausage and gnocchi. I’d never had gnocchi before but it was really good. J is a very good cook – much better than I am.

I’m not entirely sure what we’re going to do this evening but I’m going to try to get to bed a little early to hopefully catch up a bit. Things do not go well for me if I’m missing out on too much sleep.

Stay safe!

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation