Not A Bad Start To The Week

Song: “Jimmy Jimmy” by The Undertones

Mood: 7

Nightmares: 0

Ghosts: Lots

It took me a looong time to fall asleep last night. I was up past 4AM, but when I woke up this morning I felt a lot better than I expected.

The day went by in a flash – I don’t know where most of it went. I called my folks and talked to Mom for a bit, then surprised my sister by calling her at work to say hello. My nephew’s birthday was last weekend and the card we sent him at the end of June hasn’t arrived yet. I feel bad about it and hope that he doesn’t think that we forgot about him. I think we’re going to give it until the end of the week and if it doesn’t show up we’ll send him another one.

I got a call from the clinic today and, true to her word, it looks like Dr H sent out the referrals right after my appointment on Friday. I now have an appointment with a lungologist in a couple of months. I also called a different clinic to find out how their EKG department worked, and it turned out it all I had to do was walk in with the requisition. I told J that and she offered to take me there after she got home.

The skies got pretty dark this afternoon and we got some badly needed rain with a nice bit of thunder thrown in. It only rained for a little while, though, so I hope we get some more soon.

I was waiting by the door when J got home and we went to the clinic for my EKG. Aside from the staff, the room was empty so I got in right away. The person running the test was very friendly and told me that the test wouldn’t. I told her I knew that, and she said that I looked scared, plus, I was sweating up a storm (ewww). I told her I got anxious a lot and we talked about mindfulness and some of the resources online for that kind of stuff. Aside from really not wanting to be there, it was a pleasant experience – she didn’t even rip out any chest hairs. Of course, me being me, I took the wrong set of stairs up and ended up lost inside the clinic, but I just kept walking and eventually found my way out.

I’ve been trying to organize some of the hobby stuff that I’ve got going on in the dining room, and after looking around I found something that looked perfect… a tackle box. After the test was done J and I went to the store and picked one up that should do the trick very nicely. A big space in the top to hold active projects, and four organizer drawers to sort parts and tools and stuff like that.

On another interesting note, since I started taking that new medication that I was prescribed last week, I haven’t felt lung-y once. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or if it’s actually helping my symptoms, but it’s nice to not have that feeling for a few days at least. I did a bit of digging into off-label uses of the drug and was a bit unhappy when I saw it’s used for heart failure, but I figure if I had heart failure Dr H would’ve been all over that. Although I did just get the EKG today. Hmm… okay, I am going to try not to worry about it or freak out whenever the phone rings. Now that I actually give a crap about what happens to me, I find that it’s actually a little nervous-making. I think that’s probably a good thing, though.

I won a prize in STO this evening – a snazzy new ship. It’s pretty neat and I haven’t gotten it blown up yet.

J and I watched another episode of Stranger Things. It’s pretty great, but again – all of these problems could be solved a lot faster if everyone just talked to everyone else. They’re all going to end up working together to get rid of the monsters again, anyway…

Nothing scheduled for tomorrow yet. Depending on what it’s like out I may spend some time outside watching the rabbits and the trees again. Yes, the bunnies are pests, but it’s kind of relaxing to watch them stretched out and resting on the grass or eating dandelion leaves.

Stay safe.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation