Moving Along Pretty Well

Song: “Mr Giant Man” by James Last

Mood: 7

I woke up quite a few times last night from nightmares. Same three all over again. I’m getting a little tired of them. Dr C took me through a process that greatly diminished how often and how badly one of them affected me, I think I will try to do it myself and see if that helps. The prazosin that I’m taking seems to help a lot sometimes but not do much for others. I should probably talk to Dr W about that.

When I finally got out of bed this morning, I felt okay. I shuffled around a bit and had breakfast and tried to decide what I was going to do with my day. Motivation was a bit of an issue so I lowered my aim and decided I was going to catch up on my “haven’t listened” pile of records. Once I got through them, I found I was feeling pretty good so I kept listening to records and just sat back and enjoyed the music.

My mom called this afternoon and told me that my cousin was asking if I could go along with my parents when they make their trip out East this year. It was very kind of him to ask and I would really like to go but I can’t do it yet. Maybe next year. That might be a good goal to set for myself. I haven’t seen him since 1980!

I also did a bit of writing and read some more from the biology book that J got me. It’s really quite interesting. It’s not full of hard science like a textbook – it talks about concepts and people, which is pretty neat.

Speaking of pretty neat, while we were working on the deck last year, my dad found a rock that was very different from the other rocks that were sitting under the deck. It was very heavy and looked like the outside was melted. He thought it could possibly be a meteorite. We brought it inside and figured out its density and saw that a magnet was attracted to it. Dad got in touch with someone at one of the local universities and he didn’t think it was a meteorite but figured that it was worth a look.

Other things got in the way and I forgot about it for eleven months.

Yesterday, I sent the professor an email. He responded and we’re now just working out a day for J and I to go to the university and meet with him. Even if it’s not a meteorite, it’s a pretty neat rock.

I can’t believe how quickly the summer has gone by. The first frost warning of the year came today, so this evening J and I went outside and harvested most of what’s left in the garden. We got some tomatoes, basil, thyme, and onions. We still have three potato plants in the ground but they’ll be fine if we get frost. I’m very happy with how the garden went this year. Of course, I was in the hospital while it was planted (J and my mother-in-law did all the hard work), but it didn’t take a lot of time or effort to water and maintain it. In fact, I may have watered a little too much.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr W. If it goes well and we don’t make any significant medication changes, I think I’m going to ask him if we can go back to meeting every two weeks. We’ll see what happens.

Stay safe.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation