Monday, Monday

Song: N/A

Mood: 7

Nightmares: 0

Ghosts: Lots

The weekend went well. J had a good trip out to see her folks, I drank a lot of diet Dr Pepper, caught up on some shows, and I think I’ve finally – FINALLY – chased down and eliminated the Raspberry Pi SDR noise. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to nap and I didn’t sleep all that well again. Win some, lose some.

Last night was about the same. It’s taking me an awfully long time to get to sleep and I don’t know why. If I wake up, it’s tough to get back to sleep. I don’t think there’s anything new or different going on as far as anxiety or thoughts go. My mom and aunt are also having trouble sleeping, they’re blaming it on the weather changing. With no other ideas, I guess I’ll go with that for now.

Today was a decent day. It took me a while to convince myself to haul my butt out of bed but once I was moving I had a pretty productive day. I’ve been fiddling some more with the SDR stuff and ordered some parts for it today, and I spent a lot of time rethinking and redoing the power for my garden project. Yes, it’s almost September… and yes, I know I was talking about this back in June, but if it works, it’ll work all year round (except for the sprinkler part). So I spent a lot of time measuring and chopping and soldering.

I texted and emailed with FA a bit today, she has an interesting project coming up and we discussed it a bit. I like thinking about different stuff like that – it feels good to bend my brain and I like having new things to ponder.

We got a couple of good downpours (and some good thunder) over the last day or two and the lawn has greened right up. FA and I were talking about that exact thing last week and we were wondering how quickly grass could actually change from yellowish to green and how it would do it. I should’ve put out a time-lapse camera to record what the lawn did. Speaking of which, our ZZ plant sprouted a new… branch? Stalk? Leg? Whatever they have. Anyway, it’s growing like crazy.

J was feeling quiet this evening so I puttered around with some stuff upstairs and then went downstairs to give her some room. She was feeling more like herself later, I think there’s work stuff going on again that’s bugging her.

Not much going on this week except for a Dr W appointment on Wednesday. He’s going to ask me about whether I want to reduce some medications again, and I’m not sure what the answer to that question is. If I don’t need the stuff then I would rather reduce or get rid of it, but I haven’t been sleeping well and past reductions have made it difficult to get to sleep for a few days. I need to do some thinking tomorrow.

Stay safe.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation