Song: “Lonesome Road” by Dean Elliott & His Big Band
Okay, it’s already twenty after one so this is going to be really short. Bullet point short.
- Slept okay last night, woke up at least four times but didn’t have to get out of bed
- Didn’t go for a walk because I was worried the tree company would show up right when I was out of sight of the house.
- J’s aunt is taking a trip to visit J’s parents. I hope they all have a great time!
- The tree guys showed up, and even though their stump mangler machine is on its last legs, the apple tree is now a woodchip-filled crater. It might put up suckers for the next few years, but nothing a mower won’t fix.
- The gate is locked and it’s staying locked, whoo!
- Did a bunch more stuff today, got out into the garden, too. We have potatoes and onions coming up!
- Fired up the air conditioner today to make sure everything’s okay and it looks like it’s ready to go.
- I am now more firmly fixed in my position on creationism vs evolution.
- I now have a list of sea creatures I’d like to swim with, and a MUCH larger one of those I don’t.
- Why are there sea horses, sea pigs, sea urchins, sea cucumbers, etc… but nothing like prairie crabs or air anglerfish or ground octopodes?
- Anybody remember Mr Belvedere? That was a pretty good show but maybe I’m only remembering the good parts. Was it actually good?
- A bunch more stuff I can’t remember right now.