In The Hospital, Day 4

I slept pretty well again last night. Woke up once from a nightmare but it didn’t keep me awake for very long. What finally woke me up for the day was someone tapping my shoulder and saying my name. I woke up, startled, and flipped over to see a lab tech standing there with her case of blood drawing equipment.

When she was done taking blood, I looked at the time and realized I’d almost slept through breakfast. I wandered over to the dining area, grabbed my tray, and sat down to eat. My nurse this morning was K and she brought me my morning medication. We’re on day 2 of the sertraline to venlafaxine migration and I haven’t noticed any side effects – negative or positive – at all, which makes me pretty happy.

This morning’s group was about healthy eating and how many foods out there claim to be “healthy” when they are actually full of salt, sugar, fat, or a combination of the three. We looked up a bunch of different foods and it was pretty shocking what was in some of the stuff. Another thing that caught most of us by surprise was that the serving size for a lot of things was really tiny.

Group this afternoon was about gratitude, a topic that I could write a ton of posts on. We spent quite a while discussing gratitude journals and how to express gratitude in particular situations.

My meeting with Dr W went well. I feel okay today – not as good as yesterday, but certainly not bad. I can now leave the ward for half an hour by myself as long as I stay on hospital property.

Oh, and speaking of hospital property, FA is coming to visit me tomorrow! I’m really looking forward to hanging out with her for a bit, she always has interesting stuff going on. She should be here around 4PM or so and we’re going to hang out until about 5:30.

I spoke to my parents today for the first time since they got home from their vacation. They had a really good time (which is excellent – they deserve it) but were happy to finally get home and sleep in their own bed. It was also the first opportunity I’d had to talk to them about why I was in the hospital. I am very lucky to have parents as supportive as they are.

This evening, J and I had a video chat. It was really good to talk to her again, I miss her very much. We talked about our days and plans for about half an hour. I’m really glad we have the video chat option – it’s still not the same as being there in person, but it feels a lot closer to real than a regular phone call.

This evening I think I’m going to do some writing (assuming my laptop battery holds out) and get to bed a little early.

Stay safe!

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation