I do not like having to go to the doctor. I am very lucky that Dr H is a fantastic GP, but I find appointments are difficult for a few of reasons, some of which are:
- It’s very difficult to leave the house,
- I don’t like talking to people about my problems,
- I have trouble remembering things,
- I know they’re professionals but appointments can be embarrassing,
- I don’t like other people touching me, and
- All I want to do is get out of there and be back home.
Before I went to the walk-in a couple of weeks ago, I was worried that I was going to be sitting there, fishing for words or trying to remember a relevant, important point. So, the night before I went to the clinic, I sat down and typed out a page of information so I had something I could either read from or pass to the clinician.
It helped me because I didn’t need to worry that I’d forgotten something and it was a lot easier to type out the embarrassing stuff beforehand. Maybe it will help you.
Here’s an example of how I’d fill one out:
Feel free to drop me a comment and let me know if you think of a way I can improve the template!