Great Visit!

Song: “Farmer’s Almanac” by Johnny Cash

Mood: 8

Nightmares: 0

Ghosts: Several

My parents came into town yesterday for a visit. We had a great time – I can’t remember the last time we just sat around and talked like that – and I was sad to see them leave today. Mom brought a lasagna for supper last night and J made cake for dessert, the weatherstripping on the front door got fixed (my parents like to do a project when they visit), and everything went great. It was great. Yes, I know I just said that but like I said, it was great.

J has this week off, which is wonderful! She’s got some stuff that she wants to do – namely, sleep in, read some books, and not be at work – but even if we’re at opposite sides of the house, things are just better when she’s home. I guess it’s good that we don’t live in some giant mansion, because we can still talk to each other or hear each other bumping around and doing stuff, and I find that comforting.

Our new phones arrived today and we both got a shiny new Samsung A70. Not as flashy as the S-series phones we used to get but they’re more than what we need and were on sale. It’s going to take me a while to get used to it – the icons are different and the buttons are in different, too.

I haven’t heard anything from the lung doctor’s office. I was supposed to call on Friday if I hadn’t heard anything by Thursday evening, and when I called they said he’d call me back. Called them again this morning and got the same response, which makes me think that one of two things have happened – either he found nothing to worry about and calling me is a very low priority, or he figures that there’s no point in calling because it’s hopeless. Based on how Thursday went, I suspect it’s the former.

It could just be a coincidence, or maybe breathing into all those machines shook something loose (J’s hypothesis), but I felt pretty rough on Saturday… like I had a bad chest cold or something. I don’t know what was going on but I was coughing and breaking a sweat and wheezing just walking up the stairs. I’m acutely aware that I’m fat and out of shape, but I’m not THAT out of shape, so I was wondering what the heck was going on. I woke up on Sunday and felt normal again. Today I’m feeling a little lungy but not too bad. So I don’t know.

Timings worked on on Friday afternoon so I went over and did some volunteering at the church for over an hour. It went quite well, and it makes me feel good to be able to help someone out. Plus, Dr C and Dr W (and J, and my parents, and FA, and my in-laws, and my sister, and Dr H, and the mailman, and the pharmacist, and that lady on the radio) all say it’s important for me to get out of the house. Yes, the church is very close to home, and yes, it’s a quiet and calm environment, but I’m still getting out, driving my little truck there, and talking to people who I really don’t know. I’m interested to see if it’ll work out this coming Friday, too.

FA is going to come by tomorrow and we’re going to geek out/talk/play board games/eat burritos/all kinds of things. I’m really looking forward to hanging out with her, it’s going to be great! I wonder what kinds of ideas or schemes we’re going to come up with…

Stay safe.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation