Got My Butt Kicked

Song: N/A

Mood: 7.5

Nightmares: 2

I forgot to take my nighttime medication last night until about an hour after I was supposed to. Not a huge problem this time (unlike the last time this happened), but I’ve set an alarm on my phone to remind me at 8PM from Sunday to Thursday. Since it was only an hour I didn’t worry about it and I was able to get to sleep, albeit a little later than normal. Unfortunately, between a couple of nightmares and waking up worrying about things, I didn’t sleep very well again and am feeling a little tired today.

I did some ERP this morning with the garage door and the freezer lid. It didn’t go particularly well but some days are going to be easier than others. Plus, like I said before, I’ve done it before and I can do it again.

I also spent my prescribed time outside behind the house this morning. Ten minutes doesn’t sound like much but when you’re standing there with your stomach knotting up and skin crawling, it feels like forever. I kept cursing my phone, wishing it would hurry up and tell me my time was up and I could go back inside.

FA came by just after noon today. She picked up burritos again, which we ate while catching up on what had happened over the past week. The conversation took the occasional strange turn, including once where we somehow ended up talking about what kind of booze we can tolerate (neither of us care much for alcohol). It was good to hang out and chat, and my cheese and bean burrito was fantastic as always.

After we finished eating, we figured we’d give a board game a try. FA forgot to bring Carcassonne along but I grabbed a couple of games from the basement and we decided to give Sequence a try. I like Sequence – we played it at the hospital pretty frequently when there were the right number of people in group. FA had never tried it before. After taking a quick look at the instructions, we broke out the board, cards, and chips, and got to it.

Sequence Board Game

This a picture of me losing (FA played Blue)

I thought that all the time I’d spent playing it at the hospital would’ve given me an edge, but things didn’t quite work out. I think we played ten games in total, of which I won two. I had a good time, though, and to her eternal credit, FA didn’t gloat.

At around 4:30, FA had to hit the road and head home. We were both surprised at how quickly the afternoon had gone by, but it was a good visit and I was happy and grateful that she came over (thank you!).

J got home just before 6 and we hung out for a while and talked about how our days went. We had supper (mmm… chicken fingers) and then settled in for the evening.

All in all, today has been a good day. J is heading into work tomorrow morning to catch up on some things and is then going to go shopping with her cousin. I plan to spend my time outside and then do some ERP. Beyond that, I have no idea what is going to happen.

Stay safe.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation