Got Me A Fish

Song: “Takin’ Care of Business” by BTO

Mood: 6

Nightmares: 1

I woke up today feeling very groggy and tired so I went back to bed after I had breakfast and took my medication. I woke up again about two and a half hours later feeling much better. I did my exercises and then spent some time doing a bit of writing and thinking about my aquarium.

I’m still feeling better than I did for a while there, but I’m not where I want to be. I’d rather be sitting at a 7 or 8 on my mood scale. I don’t really know how to describe it other than I’m still not feeling right. Maybe a little down, I’m not sure.

J got home and we took off almost right away to get to the hospital for my appointment with Dr W. Our plan was to arrive early so that we could get flu shots at the pharmacy, but they didn’t have them ready yet so we went to the cafeteria and talked for a while.

My Dr W appointment went pretty well. Dr W reminded that keeping active will help my recovery. On the days that it feels impossible to do anything, any activity is better than just staying in bed.

We also discussed my medications but decided not to do anything this week. We may look at the lorazepam again next week. That would be good – it would really feel like a win if I could go entirely off one of my medications without any bad effects. Dr W has been very good at managing my medications so I have experienced very few side effects or withdrawal symptoms.

After we left the hospital, I asked J if we could go to the pet store on the way home. She was all for that, and after a little bit of thinking while in the store, we were on our way home with a fish for my aquarium. With J’s help, I decided on a blue betta fish and got some food and snacks for him (it said it was a “he” on the container).

Once we got home I put him in my aquarium and he immediately started exploring. I’m not sure what to name him yet but I think I’m going to wait a few days to make sure he adapts to his new environment first.

I forgot to mention this yesterday but I placed an order for two Raspberry Pi Zero W boards yesterday. I got an email today saying they’ve shipped and should be here early next week. It should be interesting to see just how tiny they really are.

Stay safe.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation