Good Friends Are Priceless

I didn’t sleep all that well last night and I couldn’t sleep in because FA was coming over. I hauled myself out of bed when J got up and we had breakfast together before she left for work. I tidied up the kitchen and sat down for a couple of minutes to close my eyes. I woke up half an hour later and in a bit of a panic. I texted FA to ask if we could meet 30 minutes later and she replied that that worked well for her.

She arrived and we sat down in the living room to chat. We were going to work on her Raspberry Pi camera project but she’d forgotten it at home. Not a big deal, we always have lots to talk about. As we talked, I could feel my spirits lifting. With FA, there’s no judgment or attempts to dig into things. She is a great friend through and through and hanging out with her is a treat.

We talked for about two hours and then went to the local burrito place for lunch. For the first time since I got out of the hospital, I drove. The restaurant was quite loud so I had some trouble with nerves and locked myself out of my credit card. After we sat down to eat, the place started to empty out; between that and some grounding techniques, I was able to cope ok.

After lunch, we went to the nearby hardware store and did an aisle crawl. This particular store is really quite amazing – there’s always something different on the shelves every time we go. Lots of surplus stuff that FA and I look at and try to think of uses for. I picked up some rope to hang my welding screens, a couple of notebooks, a spray bottle, and some socket holders for my garage tool box.

When we were done there, we headed to the nearest Canadian Tire store and did an aisle crawl there, too. When we were both going to university, we were in the same residence and would frequently go to Canadian Tire to get away from the books and unwind for a little while. Some people go to the bar, some people go to the movies, FA and I went to Canadian Tire. We found a few neat things there but only picked up a windshield wiper blade refill for FA’s car.

By the time we got back to the house, we’d been out for over six hours and J was home. I invited FA in again and she and J had a good little chat before FA had to go.

Man, I was EXHAUSTED. I haven’t been on my feet and done that much walking in… I don’t know. Years? But I had a wonderful time and my mood has finally lifted!

This evening J read a book while I took a nap on the couch, and then we played some cribbage, each of us winning one game. I think we’ll have to play the tiebreaker tomorrow. I enjoy playing crib with J, it’s fun and we don’t take it too seriously. It’s also nice to get away from the computer or tablet or phone screen for a while and play something that’s kind of old school.

I really want to do some welding but I need to get the motorcycle filled back up with the proper juices and put off to the side before I can do that. I’m hoping to finish the bike up tomorrow afternoon and maybe do some welding on Sunday. Fingers crossed!

Have a good weekend and stay safe!

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation