Song: “The Gambler” by Kenny Rogers
I just looked at the date and I can’t believe that it’s been two weeks since my last blog post!
The last two weeks… well, I’m not sure where to start. So, uh, I’m going to cheat and go with bullet points:
- Time has flown by!
- I’ve been keeping very busy during the days. Working on lots of projects, all of which have been interesting and enjoyable. Electronics, printing, writing, thinking and figuring… all kinds of stuff!
- Found out that a family friend isn’t doing very well. We used to visit her when I was a little kid, she was always very friendly and would give us rosebud chocolates every time we visited. I’ve started writing her a letter to tell her about all the stuff that’s gone on with me since I last saw her (which was probably around 30 years ago).
- FA and I have been getting together to work on stuff and geek out pretty regularly, and it’s been great – we’ve been to the hardware store a couple of times recently and have eaten lunch at the burrito shop twice now!
- I’m still volunteering once in a while at the church down the street. Not sure how much longer it’s going to go on for, but it feels good to get out and talk to people during the day.
- Dr C heard about an OCD study and mentioned it to me (with no obligation or strings). I thought it might be another way I could help someone down the road so I signed up, and, after a phone call I was screened in. I have to go to a psych lab at the university to do it and my first meeting is tomorrow morning. After I’m done at the lab, FA is going to pick me up and we are going to get burritos and geek out in her side of town for the first time in quite a while. It’s going to be an interesting day!
- Had a Dr W appointment yesterday, probably the longest one I’ve ever had. He was very happy to hear about the trip to see my parents and wanted to know all about it and what was going through my head over the whole thing. He’s also very interested in the OCD study.
- Forgot to take my morning medication once last weekend. Didn’t notice much at first but as the day went on I wasn’t feeling quite right – very irritable and couldn’t concentrate. Found out in the late afternoon and started to feel better again after taking them.
- Did I mention that time has flown by?
I know there are dozens of things I haven’t written down here but I’m having trouble concentrating on anything aside from the study tomorrow morning. In some ways I’m looking forward to it; in others, not so much. But that’s okay. The day will be good!