Okay, okay… get it together…I needed to do a quick bit of soldering just now so I went downstairs and got everything ready… then dropped the header on the floor. It bounced on the carpet and fell under the shadow of the workbench. In case you’re not familiar with what it looks like, here’s an example (although the one I was soldering was 12 pins long):
Of course, when I usually go to pick up stuff off the floor, I fumble around with it… but this time, I picked it up and dropped it in my hand no problem. I wasn’t completely paying attention so I didn’t realize why it felt weird until I was ready to drop it AND IT DIDN’T DROP AND IT WAS CRAWLING AROUND MY HAND OMG I PICKED THIS UP INSTEAD:
J is upstairs sleeping and I didn’t want my legs broken so I danced around and made little squeaking noises until I got ahold of myself and very, VERY carefully found it again and disposed of it.
I’ve got a nasty case of the heebie-jeebies, I feel like stuff is crawling all over me and in (what’s left of) my hair. I need to:
- Never, ever, go downstairs again.
- Start wearing my glasses.
- Not solder after midnight or when it’s dark, dummy.
- Spend the next three hours taking the hottest shower I can stand, then towel off and do it again.
- Tear the basement back down to the cement, buy out every last lizard from the pet stores in the city and throw them in the basement to eat the bugs, then fill the basement up with water and make one path that the lizards can escape through, and once they’re gone, throw in a couple hundred kilograms of salt and heat up the water in the basement to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for the next two to three months, then return it to a rolling boil and keep it there until the basement is empty.
- Buy some rubber boots and tape the tops so they’re sealed to my legs.
WHY DOES NATURE HAVE TO BE SO DISGUSTING??? SERIOUSLY, WHY DOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS EXIST? I mean, I KNOW why, but WHYYYY???
No sleep for Mark tonight, methinks.