Yet again another quick post because my evening medications are kicking the heck out of me and I need to get to bed. I realize it’s been a little while since I last posted, so here are some bullet points that should help me catch up:
– I fell asleep downstairs after an episode of Elementary (we’re back into that now) and J tried to convince me to get up and go upstairs. I told her I’d be fine and then fell asleep on the couch with my head back for four or five hours – without my CPAP machine. The resulting apnea and snoring has really done a number on the back of my throat – everything is swollen and very painful, and today is day four after I did the snoring. I can’t do that again.
– I went to the store on Friday to buy a cake mix and icing so I could make a cake when my mother-in-law came over. I don’t normally bake a cake so there was a bit of surprise when I revealed it this evening but it went over well!
– I ordered a 3D printer early last week and it got here on Friday. It’s a Creality CR-10S. J helped me set it up and was there to help keep me calm, although I still developed a pretty nasty flop sweat and my fingers didn’t work very well. I’ve been running the printer pretty constantly during the day, and the more things I make, the more excited I get about the possibilities. Here are a few of the things I’ve printed so far:
[Well, crap. My web host has changed something and now I can’t upload new images. Just close your eyes and think of something awesome, that’ll be close enough.]
– I’ve also been trying to figure out how to use FreeCAD. I’ve used AutoCAD LT, but it was way back in college when the student version came on three floppy disks. I’ve forgotten almost everything about AutoCAD that I knew, and while FreeCAD looks pretty great, anything beyond the very simple is beyond me at this point.
– My mother-in-law is in town and is staying with us for at least one night. She is a sewing/quilting fanatic so it was good to get some suggestions and thoughts from her. Plus, it’s just nice to hang out and talk with her too – she’s a very pleasant person.
– Sewing has been going well. J selected some material for new kitchen curtains, my mother-in-law measured and cut them up, and I sewed them together this evening. I think they’re going to look really good once they’re up!
– Some job/insurance/disability thing is coming to a head. J is taking the lead on it (thank you so so much!!!) but I suspect there are some unpleasant things coming.
– I have a Dr W appointment tomorrow and a Dr C appointment on Friday. To be honest, I don’t want to go to either of them. But I will.
– I’m sorry I didn’t write more, but I have to get to bed. Good night, everyone!