Appointments All Over The Place

Song: N/A

Mood: 6.5

Nightmares: 0

Ghosts: Several

The last week has been pretty busy. I’ve had appointments all over the place, and while I would still prefer to stay home and not go to them, progress is being made on pretty much everything, which is great. No nightmares for the past few days, either.

Let’s see… my appointment with Dr C didn’t go as well as they usually do because it was quite a bit earlier than usual and I wasn’t totally awake and with it yet. I took a cab because I won’t drive like that, but that went alright too. Unfortunately, I don’t remember all that much of the appointment, but we did talk about my nightmares and we are working on my sleep. I’m doing a sleep diary each night until my next appointment and then we’re going to figure out the best way to get me on a schedule and prepared for when/if my nighttime medications are lowered further.

Speaking of which, at my Dr W appointment later that same day, we did just that; we didn’t touch the venlafaxine but my nighttime quetiapine has been reduced from 200 to 150mg. I’m going to be doing the switchover tonight, so we’ll see what happens. J’s aunt was nice enough to take me to the appointment, which I really appreciated. I’m quite comfortable around her and she’s one of the people who makes doing stuff like going downtown to an appointment easier. I enjoy our conversations and I’m very grateful for all her help.

At 7:45 this morning I had an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon about the tingling in my hands. J (bless her heart) got me out of bed and moving, prodded me into the car, and took me to the clinic. She also sat in on the appointment which was really good because it made things a lot easier for me, and judging by how much I remember of the appointment, I wasn’t too smart. The appointment was very quick, and my right hand is considerably weaker than my left (which surprised me because I’m right handed and I used to be able to… well, you know how some people joke about being able to crush a charcoal briquette in their hand and make diamonds out of it? Well, I used to be able to do that… but with ICE CUBES. Think about that for a second). Anyway, so I should be getting my right arm fixed in the spring with a very common, simple, and usually complication-free surgery. So – progress!

I’ve got a bunch of projects on the go, which is really good. J’s aunt (the one who takes me to my Dr W appointments) mentioned the other day that she wanted an indoor thermometer so I offered to build her one. My sister asked me if I could design and print something for a good friend of hers so I’m going to give that a shot, too. I’ve also got a bunch of other electronics projects on the go, and while I’m working on things, I’m also trying to organize it a little bit, too. I have too much stuff spread out all over the place and not having to hunt through piles of stuff will things easier in many different ways.

As for the rest of the week, I have an appointment with the pulmonologist on Friday. Should be “fun” – as I understand it, they’re going to put me in a box, on a treadmill, breathing into a tube. It’ll be like some kind of elite athlete training thing, but with a fat, out of shape dude who wheezes. I can’t wait.

Since I’ll be busy on Friday, I’m going to try volunteering at the church for a bit on Thursday. I don’t know if it’ll work out but we’ll see what happens. As far as I know, I don’t have anything going on tomorrow. We’ll see what happens.

Stay safe.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation