Appointment Went Well!

Song: “Get Over You” by The Undertones

Mood: 6.5

Nightmares: 0

Ghosts: Lots

I don’t think I slept too badly last night. I remember waking up twice, but a quick look at my phone was enough to let me get back to sleep.

I woke up at that aggravating point before my alarm went off where I spent 20 minutes wondering whether I should try to get back to sleep or get up. I ended up getting up and shuffled around for a while. The print I started yesterday evening failed overnight, so I cleaned everything up and started it again, then had breakfast. Or I had breakfast and then did the printer thing. I can’t remember.

J got up a little while later and we both got ready for the day, then we got in the car and went to my appointment. Even though we got to the clinic ahead of time, we got taken to a room as soon as we got there, and the doctor came in a few minutes later. I gave him the notes I prepared yesterday and, when he was done reading them, he looked through some of my tests, asked me some questions about my medications, and then said that there’s nothing wrong with me – the symptoms I’m experiencing are a result of the medications I’m on. He gave me a prescription for something to try for two weeks to see if it helps, and told me to come back in three weeks. And that was it.

Seriously – that was it. No buts, no dramatic pauses, no “you have Kuru”. I could get used to that!

J dropped me off at home (THANK YOU!!!) and headed off to work. I gave my folks a call and let them know how the appointment went, then sent out my usual round of texts. After that, I plopped myself down in bed to see if I could catch a bit of a nap, but, having no luck, I got up and got to puttering.

It rained several times today so I didn’t have to water the garden. It was pleasant rain that left the air smelling fresh.

[Wait, did I start the print after I got home, or at breakfast? I can’t remember. Today was a very foggy day. That’s why J sat in with me at the doctor.]

During the afternoon, that “lung-y” feeling hit me again, quite intensely. I tried the puffer but it didn’t make any difference. It hung on for a while and then slowly went away. It’s weird because it used to only happen in the late evening – now it’s happening in the afternoons, too. The good thing is that each time it happens it’s a little more information. I still don’t think it’s anxiety but beyond that I have no idea.

J got home with a surprise – she picked me up a new set of headphones, and they are FANTASTIC. Noise-cancelling, really good sound, on-ear, fit my head… they’re perfect! My old headphones were about $25 ten years ago and they’ve been shedding bits of plastic for a year or two now. They’ve done their time and owe me nothing.

J and I hung out, talked a lot, and watched another episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr C. I’m still not 100% comfortable with moving to every second week but I feel better about it than I did. We’ll see how tomorrow goes. For now, I’m going to sit back and enjoy some music.

Stay safe.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation